8 Steps to Filing Your Guardianship Documents
1. Print forms "Petition for Guardianship" and "Notice of Hearing" 2. Fill out the forms on a computer or
write or with blue or black ink.
3. Make 3 copies of the forms for the court.
Make 1 copy for each person in your case.
Make 1 copy for your files.
4. Drop off the original form and copies with the clerk 5. The clerk will call you when your forms are ready to pick up.
pick up the forms from the clerk. The clerk gives you a hearing date.
6. Conform your copies. Conform means you write
your hearing date on all of your copies.
7. Go downstairs to the Legal Services Branch on the 1st Floor, Filing means the clerk gives you a case number. The clerk stamps
the case number on all copies of the forms.
The clerk makes certified copies for each person in your case.
A certified copy has a special clerk stamp.
8. Go to the cashier and pay the filing fee.
The fee is $175.00. You can pay with cash,
money order, or cashier’s check.
You can not pay with a personal check.
GUARDIANSHIP FILING INSTRUCTIONS